ULMA Packaging introduces its new range of TFS thermoformers for SKIN packaging
Skin packaging: enhancing product's appearance.
In the last edition of the fair Hispack & BTA, ULMA Packaging presented its latest developments in thermoforming with its new range of TFS thermoforming machines for Skin packaging.
ULMA’s skin packaging in thermoforming makes a vacuum pack that protects the product and fits around it like a second skin. Specially designed films are used to use as top films enhancing product’s appearance.
The main function of skin packaging is to extend product’s shelf life but it also adds features that provide additional values such as self liquid retention to prevent product’s exudation. This delays microbial growth and the possibility of displaying vertically the pack.
In a skin pack, both films are sealed over the whole surface except the area occupied by the product, ensuring its most natural and original look.
Specially targeted for fresh meat, processed meat, fish, poultry, ready meals, cheese and pates.
ULMA’s skin packaging offers different benefits to add value to the product giving it attractive features for the sales point:
- Option to use a rigid support as tray.
- Vertical display of the pack avoiding product’s movement inside.
- Product’s shelf life increase.
- Retains liquids and gases.
- Enhances the product giving it the leading role.
- Option to use a flexible support.
- Option to add an additional lid to use as a labeling support. It also makes possible to include protective gas or promotional items (recipes, spoons …) between both films.
- Allows to customize the pack in terms of shape and dimensions.
- The type of packaging material used in skin packaging allows easy opening packs.
ULMA offers different types of thermoformed packaging for skin to adapt to the specific requirements of each product to be packaged: universal skin pack, skin pack with non forming bottom flexible film, isopack skin pack, simple isopack skin pack and double lid skin pack.
Talking about the range of machine models, ULMA offers a complete range that goes from the TFS 400 up to TFS 700 skin, with the 500 and 600 as intermediate models. A full range to find an adjusted solution for the specific need of each customer.